Are you customer-obsessed and interested in Speech and Language Understanding?
Do you find creating cutting-edge voice control exciting? If so, the Alexa team is looking for a talented engineer to help revolutionize our voice-forward experience. Alexa is the Amazon service that powers the groundbreaking Echo family of devices, Fire TV, tablets, third party Alexa providers, and soon, cars! We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with technology across many domains; we are inventing the future.
As part of the Alexa Speech team, you will be responsible for evolving Alexa to be ubiquitous in all devices and in all locations. Customers need not worry about internet connection status, which device is in use, or where data is stored. The goal for our software, the Alexa Hybrid Engine, is to provide a core set of on-device functionality for the Alexa experience, so that customers will gain trust that Alexa is always available.
You’ve found the right team if you are a passionate software engineer with experience building innovative, mission critical applications that customers love. You will have an enormous opportunity to make an impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know. You'll be working alongside other talented engineers, scientists and other teams on innovative products and exciting projects.
We’re working hard, having fun, and making history; come join us!
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
· 5+ years work experience
· Experience in Java, C++, or a similar modern programming language
· Experience in data structures and algorithms
· Obsession with quality, operational excellence, and customer experience
· Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
· Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work in a team environment
· Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills
· Experience building embedded systems
· Practical experience implementing Machine Learning systems
· Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
· Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
· Graduate degree
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.