Amazon’s Last Mile Technology has the operational focus of providing new and different technologies to solve challenges in the last mile delivery space. We want to ensure a top-in-class customer experience from the time a customer places an order on Amazon.com to the time it lands in the customer’s hands. It is in our makeup to drive true innovation in this space.
Building on that concept, the most recent accomplishment in this space is Amazon’s new delivery system, Amazon Flex. Amazon Flex aims to delight customers by delivering millions of packages faster than ever before. We recently launched Prime Now, a great benefit for Prime members who can now skip a trip to the store by shopping on the Prime Now app for products like paper towels, shampoo, books, toys, and batteries with orders delivered right to their door in an hour or less. But this is not just benefiting our end customers, with Amazon Flex, individuals can now be their own boss while earning money delivering ultra-fast Prime Now orders. You can find out more about Amazon Flex, our newest delivery innovation, at flex.amazon.com.
We are looking for talented Software Development Engineers to design and build these new systems and products. You will work on hard problems at scale and will have autonomy to deliver. You will learn about real-time adaptive transportation solutions, routing algorithms and optimizations, operating on large scale datasets, mobile development and more.
It’s always Day 1 at Amazon, are you up for the challenge?
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer-F/M/V/D
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· A solid background in computer science: a bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent) is required.
· Familiarity with distributed systems, asynchronous messaging, and network protocols.
· A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals, data structures, algorithms and deftness at object-oriented design and systems architecture.
· Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
· Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
· Experience with service-oriented architecture and web services security desired
· Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
· Deals well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
· Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.