Calling all inventors!
Sponsored Products Supply team is looking for engineers to build large scale, distributed systems that will bridge the gap between advertiser demand and publisher supply on Amazon. We are developing a first of its kind platform that will allow advertising programs across Amazon to provide our customers with a coherent and holistic product discovery experience across organic and sponsored selection. Success in our world is to provide a shopping experience where advertising is not only indistinguishable from organic content, but also delights our customers by providing a means for breaking monotony and opening up new product selection.
If you are looking to make an impact, this is the team for you. You will not only have the satisfaction of seeing your work directly on the Amazon website where it will be viewed by tens of millions of customers and drive quantifiable revenue impact, but will also have the opportunity to help shape our engineering and product roadmaps. We are not bound by legacy systems and have a broad mandate to experiment, which gives us great flexibility as we design and develop our services. You will have an opportunity to contribute across the full stack and even dabble in some novel Machine Learning opportunities. Most importantly, you will have an opportunity to grow and broaden your technical skills as you work in an environment that thrives on creativity, experimentation, and product innovation.
We are a highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving team, with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. We have big plans over the next two years and need you to not only drive them but dream and realize your own.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· Full stack experience ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
· Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team.
· Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers.
· Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
· Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us. #sspa #sspajobs