We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with technology across many domains; our engineers are inventing the future. Are you curious about exploring new possibilities in Alexa and the Infrastructure development? Does it excite you to act on creating cutting-edge infrastructure systems to propel novel developer experiences? If so, the Alexa Edge Infrastructure team is looking for a talented engineer to help revolutionize our developer experience.
A day in the life
You will help to expand the organization in Toronto and have an enormous opportunity to make an impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
About the hiring group
Alexa Edge Infrastructure team is the backbone of Edge-Application development experience within Alexa Speech Organization. We deliver platform capabilities from building software to testing to deploying applications to analytics pipelines for all Echo family of devices, Auto & FireTV devices. We own and operate a distributed device lab with workload scheduling services.
You’ll work in a highly collaborative team who has a desire in building the future with cutting edge technology and have a positive impact on millions of customers.
Edge ML Infrastructure team creates solutions to the infrastructural needs of the Edge and local skills teams by providing intuitive, continuously improving, end-to-end development tools in a flexible way. As a Software Development Engineer on the team you will take ownership over the software design, documentation, development, deployment, monitoring and operations. You will collaborate with customers, stakeholders and peers, focus on operational excellence, constructively identifying problems and proposing innovative solutions.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
· 2+ years work experience
· Expertise in Java, Python or a similar modern programming language
· Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills
· Solid expertise in data structures and algorithms
· Obsession with quality, operational excellence, and customer experience
· Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
· Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work in a team environment
· Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
· Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.