Are you an experienced software development engineer looking to bring your passion to solving some of the world's most complex problems? Do you have what it takes to design and deliver the next generation of Amazon's financial platform?
Amazon Finance Technology is seeking a talented software development engineer who can guide the development of a horizontally-scalable platform that will transact and account for hundreds of billions of dollars each year as Amazon grows to a trillion-dollar company. You will work on the next-generation financial services platform that drives and accounts for all financial transactions across all Amazon businesses. Financial expertise & experience is not necessary, but you should be an expert in working with highly abstracted, extensible systems in a multi-tenant microservice-oriented architecture.
As a Software Development Engineer in Finance Technology, you will be responsible for driving implementation decisions, delivering functional components, and mentoring junior engineers to develop logical & maintainable software that meets high standards of quality and abstraction.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Master's degree in Computer Engineering or related field
· Expert in principles of SOA and distributed system design
· Strong communication skills with a focus on communicating big ideas and technical designs cleanly and concisely
· Natural leader who is focused on delivering results while developing junior engineers
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us