Amazon Advertising operates at the intersection of eCommerce and advertising, offering a rich array of digital display advertising solutions with the goal of helping our customers find and discover anything they want to buy. We help advertisers reach Amazon customers on Amazon.com, across our other owned and operated sites, on other high quality sites across the web, and on millions of Kindles, tablets, and mobile devices. We start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do, including advertising. If you’re interested in joining a rapidly growing diverse team working to build a unique advertising group with a relentless focus on the customer, you’ve come to the right place.
We are looking for a Software Development Manager (SDM) to join our Advertising Cross Product Experience team to pioneer and build innovative cross advertising products experience, global navigation with configurable features within the Amazon Advertising website to enhance the advertiser experience and productivity.
As an SDM, you are responsible for the software that hundreds of thousands of advertisers use to manage their advertising strategies on Amazon. You will also bring deep knowledge of our systems to bear as you find ways to incorporate the requirements of new advertising programs into the existing experience. Your contributions will directly lead to new ad products, innovative new experiences, and faster execution for engineering teams. If you enjoy working and growing high performance teams, being part of a rapidly growing business, and inventing creative solutions to complex problems, this may be the role for you.
Great candidates for this role will have good communication skills and know how to work collaboratively with teams that are spread across time zones. They enjoy diving deep and understanding the technical details and take pride in solving customer problems. Most important, they will work shoulder-to-shoulder with engineers, product leaders, and software development managers to deliver excellent software.
· Direct impact on your customers by making it easy and efficient for these suppliers to advertise their brands and products, increase sales and improve the Amazon shopper experience
· Build the next generation of intelligent self-service advertising tools
· Responsible for the over-all systems development life cycle management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments; Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
· Management of resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
· Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
· Collaborating closely with senior leaders across the Advertising organization to influence and drive broader product and technical strategy alignment
· Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
Amazon is investing heavily in building a truly innovative advertising business. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
· 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
· 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
· Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
· Bachelor/Master’s degree in Computer Science, or closely related field
· Experience in building scalable systems based on web services
· Able to work in a diverse team
· Online display advertising industry experience
· Passion for building new products in a fast paced, team-oriented environment.
· Proven design skills, excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Strong sense of ownership, bias for action, urgency, and drive.
· Experience building Front end solutions with common FE frameworks like react.
· Experience using Amazon Web Services (AWS), Hadoop, Dynamo, Lambda, ElasticSearch or related technologies.
· Experience with developing forecasting models and queries against large datasets
· Agile development (SCRUM, Kanban) environment
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.