The Sous Chef is responsible for maintaining and increasing food service quality, while ensuring harmony between different departments within the Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation.
Functions (Purpose and Responsibilities)
• Ability to analyze and interpret financial information related food, menu and labour costing.
• Superior catering skills with a creative spirit.
• Strong planning, organizational, and time management skills.
• Intermediate to Advanced computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Suite programs.
• Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and meet established goals and objectives;
• Financial and business development experience.
• Ability to develop new and innovative menus.
• Responsible for training and monitoring employees to ensure health and safety procedures are being followed.
• Support and enforce all company policies.
• Provide performance feedback to employees utilizing established and accepted performance management practice;
• Oversee staffing levels and adjust if necessary in responsible areas.
• Attend meetings with other departments as needed and involvement for future plans and events.
• Actively participate in safety programs and follow polices;
• Provide accuracy of all food inventors and maintain COF.
• Provide accurate information for interdepartmental transfer of food and labour costs.
• Perform random food tasting to ensure quality standards are met.
• Conduct daily tours of provision area ensuring that correct storing procedures are met.
• Direct, coach, support, supervise and evaluate performance of direct reports.
Competencies (Experience and Educational Requirements)
• 3 + years experience in a similar position working in a fast paced production and catering and fine dining environment with multi unit operation
• Ability to analyze and interpret financial information related to food, menu and labour costing
• Superior catering skills with a creative spirit
• Strong planning, organizational, and time management skills
• Computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
• Ability to work under pressure and meet established goals and objectives
• Financial and business development experience
• Superior customer service, teambuilding, and conflict resolution skills
• Very strong communication, problem solving, decision making, and interpersonal skills
• Professional cooking diploma - Red Seal mandatory
• High school diploma is considered an asset
The deadline for application is Noon, May 10th, 2019.