Our Mississauga team is looking to have a Designer join their team! Are you our next employee?
The Fire Sprinkler Designer will design, calculate, stock list, and project manage fire sprinkler projects in a construction environment.
- Lead / mentor team of fire protection designers with varying levels of experience.
- Schedule, allocate workloads, review documents and track department performance to ensure project requirements are met.
- Verify that all project executions meet NFPA standards and local ordinance.
- Liaise between management, estimating, design, fabrication, installation and project management as a high profile team member resulting in increased profitability.
- Assist in continuing and maintaining company best practices in coordination with national fire protection design team.
- Post-secondary education in Fire Protection Engineering & Technology or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in the field of fire protection design with a focus on fire sprinkler and special hazards.
- Strong background in design layout, hydraulic calculations, stock listing and project management.
- Ability to manage, train and review junior designer workload.
- NICET certification and/or have the ability to become certified.
- Working expertise of AutoCAD and hydraulic calculations.
- Experience with HydraCAD is an asset.
Troy Life & Fire Safety Ltd. offers an excellent compensation package, and a comprehensive benefits program. Discover a company committed to ensuring an environment that fosters employee and corporate growth while providing financial success to both.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request throughout the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.