Sprinkler Systems Designer
Are you a self-motivated Design professional looking for your next career move? Are you looking to join an ever-expanding team in the Life and Fire Safety Industry? Apply to Troy today!
Troy Life & Fire Safety Ltd. is excited to announce that we are recruiting for a Sprinkler Systems Designer to join our Langley, BC team! In this role you will assist in producing drawings on a variety of buildings including commercial, residential, industrial and healthcare facilities.
- Post-secondary education in Fire Protection Engineering & Technology or equivalent
- Experience in the field of fire protection design/sprinkler systems required
- NICET certification and/or have the ability to become certified.
- Working expertise of 3D modelling design software (e.g. Revit) is preferred
- Autodesk AutoCAD; AutoCAD MEP, Navisworks and Adobe experience is an asset
- Design, calculate, and stock list fire sprinkler projects in a construction environment.
- Work with a team of fire protection designers, reporting directly to the design team leader.
- Liaise between management, estimating, design, fabrication, installation and project management as a valuable team member resulting in increased profitability.
- Work within Autodesk Revit to recreate fire protection design for 3D modeling.
- Develop finished building models and drawings from general conceptual information and design notes.
- Work with senior drafting and design team to create 3D models.
- Coordinate with BIM construction teams and work within 3D model to create efficient project design and verify clash reports.
- Assist in continuing and maintaining company best practices in coordination with national fire protection design team.
- Verify that all deliverables meet NFPA standards and local ordinance
Why Work with Troy?
Troy Life & Fire Safety Ltd .is one of the largest suppliers of Fire Alarm, Fire Suppression, Security, Nurse call and Communications Systems in Canada. As an Edwards Authorized Distributor, Troy is a proudly Canadian, employee owned company with over 750 people in 28 locations coast to coast. An entrepreneurial company with a legacy of success, we pride ourselves on having a team of industry leading talent and an exciting plan for the future.
Troy Life & Fire Safety Ltd. offers an excellent compensation package, and a comprehensive benefits program. Discover a company committed to ensuring an environment that fosters employee and corporate growth while providing financial success to both