AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider–from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases–to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
The AWS Sign In team is looking for a strong System Development Engineer to join our team. We build and manage highly-scalable authentication services with operational precision, and focus on the hard problems so customers can focus on their business.
We're looking for a system development engineer to own automating operational and business practices. This will include identifying and resolving issues, automating and improving repetitive processes, and working closely with the development team. You will become intimate with the architecture of our systems and be responsible for diving deep into code, and developing solutions for our customers and services. You’ll drive prioritization of operational issues, and drive automation design & scaling requirements in support of the wider organization.
As a System Development Engineer you will work with a wide variety of technologies and projects that range from third party enterprise solutions to open source and proprietary inventions to solve for the business needs. The ability to build productive relationships with colleagues at other teams will make you successful in this role as will patience and a sense of humor. You can expect to constantly learn new things and expand your knowledge to meet varying business demands.
Primary responsibilities include troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing operational issues, developing monitoring solutions, performing infrastructure maintenance and configuration, updating, tracking and resolving technical challenges. Responsibilities also include working alongside development, updating/enhancing our current software, automation of support processes and documentation of our systems.
Learn and Be Curious. We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Inclusion and Diversity. Our team is diverse! We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Team members are active in Amazon’s 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People With Disabilities, and more.
We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal life.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/
- 3 years’ experience in a large-scale software development environment.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues.
- A history of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering measurable results in a dynamic environment.
- Should be genuinely excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies.
- Must be a self-starter and motivated.
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment.
- Computer Science, other technical degree, or equivalent experience
- Experience in Systems and Infrastructure Administration, DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering
- Experience designing and/or implementing automated software testing, deployment and performance analysis systems
- Experience conducting failure mode analysis in complex distributed systems
- Experience creating, reviewing, and refining design and architecture documents presented by partner teams for operational readiness, fault tolerance and scalability
- Experience developing or furthering existing application and system management tools and processes that reduce manual efforts and increase overall efficiency
- Ability to adapt and improve operations management systems and processes to accommodate rapid and increasing growth in systems and traffic
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and web services
- Experience with agile software development practices
- Experience with AWS technologies (CloudFormation)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.