Sector: Client Operations
Language Designation: Bilingual
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): CBC
Salary Range: $76087.66 to $95109.58
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
This position reports to the Financial Solutions team in our Office of the SVP, Client Operations sector. This sector makes delivering housing affordability solutions easy.
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. You will develop, implement and monitor processes of all multi-unit mortgage loan applications. You will ensure effective and efficient applications processing and ensure completeness of these applications in preparation for underwriting. You will also ensure adherence to CMHC’s policies and procedures to ensure fair and timely processing of applications while protecting the legal, financial and reputational risk of the Corporation. You will support the overall governance framework in addition to providing leadership for the Multi-Unit underwriting team and their staff to effectively manage and maximize the timely processing of application while minimizing client complaints. This will help us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
What you will need
• Undergraduate degree in a related field such as business, finance or commerce.
• Minimum of five years of prior relevant experience including two years of supervisory experience.
• Extensive knowledge of the multi-unit/rental industry and best practices relating to underwriting.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills including presentation and negotiation skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Demonstrated ability to lead teams, including the ability to provide coaching and feedback.
• Capacity to delegate and organize the work of others in order to meet specified deadlines.
What you will be doing
Oversight and Governance
• Supervise and monitor on day-to-day underwriting processing activities. These activities include:
- Receiving, reviewing and preparing applications for underwriting.
- Communicating with clients on quality of files and reinforcing CMHC’s standards and policies.
- Receiving, reconciling and processing application and premiums fees to ensure adequate processing of applications.
• Conduct reviews to ensure clients are compliant with CMHC’s policies and guidelines and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Maintain a comprehensive and working knowledge of internal and external underwriting practices and related activities.
• Monitor application volumes and service standards and provide business decisions on the course of action.
Advice and Guidance
• Provide direction to the business support team (i.e. coordinators) and lead the development of appropriate solutions on issues relating to the processing of Multi-Unit applications received by the lender.
• Manage a team of business support/coordinators (volume-related staff), to ensure the efficient processing of multi-unit/rental financing application.
Analysis and Reporting
• Identify, analyze, capture and review the multi-unit mortgage loan applications process, including the application review, prioritization, coordination and communication processes.
• Streamline and develop operational process efficiencies (through automation) and seek opportunities for improvement via design, measurement, analysis and control.
• Report on day-to-day underwriting processing activities and analyze metrics.
• Develop unit operating plans to cover scheduling, staffing levels and budgets for review and concurrence by the senior management team as required.
• Builds trust, establishes and maintains internal and external relationships to address problems or overcome barriers such as rejected applications, to further the sector’s objectives.
• Communicate frequently with approved lender and correspondence as well as a variety of internal staff.
• Provide ongoing training, advice and functional guidance for external collection agency representatives relating to CMHC’s policies, procedures, requirements and guidelines.
People Leadership (Human Relations Skills)
• Set objectives and establish clear expectations for successful performance by providing ongoing feedback/coaching while fostering innovation, continuous improvement, and accountability for results
• Coordinate and prioritize work activities to contribute to employee engagement, organizational objectives and results
• Take ownership and acknowledge impact and outcome of corporate decisions.
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: June 4, 2020 @ 11:59 pm EST (Note, the competition may remain active until filled)
Job Requisition ID: 4674
Primary Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Occasional