Dentons is the world's largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. Dentons' polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work. www.dentons.com
We are seeking an experienced Technical Service Specialist to join the Technical Support Services team in the Business Technology department. The Technical Services Team is responsible for the delivery, availability, and performance of Dentons Canada’s technology services. This includes messaging, document management, Audio Visual services, Internet services, and remote access, amongst others. This opportunity is ideal for the individual who is passionate about working in a highly virtualized and innovative environment. This role reports to Regional Technical Support Lead and will be required to work closely with colleagues located across the firm’s six Canadian offices and in any other global regions that Dentons conducts business.
To be successful in this role the candidate must possess a broad understanding and passion for technology, process, service management and critical thinking. An ideal candidate is someone who enjoys working with new technologies, is a self-learner, and provides exceptional customer service.
• Act as escalation point for advanced issues from the Technical Services (Helpdesk) team
• Manage and support the following primary technology equipment, such as, but not limited to, Desktops, Laptops, Printers, Copiers, Telephones and mobile devices
• Attend to support tickets assigned to the Enterprise Operations Team
• Setup and teardown of technology items required in boardrooms ie. Video Conferencing, client presentations, eDiscovery etc.
• Act as a local resource for other IT teams that do not have a local presence
• Develop, manage, and update processes related to change management and other ITIL based processes
• Investigate incidents, document issues, and make recommendations to prevent future issues
• Other duties as assigned.
• University degree or college certificate or equivalent work experience
• 2+ years of progressive technology experience
• Experience with desktop, laptop, printer, copier, telephone, mobile device (smartphone, tablet) hardware, firmware and software (drivers)
• Experience with remote access technologies
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite (2003-2013-2016-365)
• Experience with Microsoft Windows OS (XP-Win10)
• A foundational knowledge of network interconnectivity
• Knowledge of ITIL or other IT frameworks are an asset
• Demonstrated ability to document processes and procedures
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent time management skills and a demonstrated ability to consistently meet deliverables
• Demonstrated ability to contribute within a highly collaborative, virtual team environment
• Self-motivated, with an ability to work with minimal supervision
• High standard of ethical conduct and customer service
• Prior experience working within law firms or other professional services companies is preferred
• Bilingual English/French is considered an asset
• Demonstrated commitment to privacy and ethical conduct.
*We thank all applicants who apply, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Inclusion and diversity (I&D) are fundamental to who we are at Dentons Canada and essential to the success and strength of our firm. Our forward-thinking, inclusive culture promotes and supports the professional development of our diverse talent, the leading services we offer to our clients, and positive social change. As a testament to our commitment to I&D, we are recognized as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employer’s for 11 consecutive years (2011-2021) and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2021) for the fourth time.
Dentons Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome your application. All employment decisions, including hiring, will be made without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, creed, disability, ethnic origin, family status, gender assigned at birth, gender identity, marital status, place of origin, race, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable human rights legislation.
To support and embrace your diverse skillsets, talents and experiences, we are committed to providing you with an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible workplace to support your success. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, for example as a result of a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.