Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients.
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for 40 years, from studies and design to commissioning and operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on building teams with complementary talents and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada's Best Employer recipient from Kincentric and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our talent acquisition specialists.
Job title: Technician – Industrial Building Services
Type of position: Regular
Work location: Mont-Saint-Hilaire
You will be part of our team specializing in industrial building services. You will work with world-renowned experts and will be exposed to various situations enabling you to develop your technical skills in ventilation, heating, air conditioning, pumping, plumbing and piping, fire protection, compressed air, dust collection and energy recovery for various industrial applications.
Your role as a technician will be to help carry out the engineering, select technology and implement projects in the mining, energy and heavy industry sectors.
• Participate in scoping studies.
• Help draft technical reports.
• Participate in designing plans (2D and 3D), specifications and details based on guidelines from a senior engineer or technician.
• Carry out design calculations.
• Prepare lists and bills of materials in accordance with codes, standards, drawings and other established methods while complying with the firm’s quality system requirements.
• Assist more experienced personnel with the technical aspects of complex tasks.
• Produce technical data sheets.
• Occasionally supervise contractors on site.
• Participate in commissioning and troubleshooting systems.
Work Schedule: 37.5
• Honest and trustworthy; adhere to BBA’s ethics and values
• Possess functional/technical skills and an ability to learn
• Ability to maintain positive peer relationships
• Ability to learn on the fly
• Ability for self-development
• Committed to the firm's success
• Business acumen (internal/external entrepreneurship)
• Ability to make quality decisions
• Ability to develop direct reports and others
• Organizational agility
• College diploma in Building Services
• Experience in the industrial, energy or mining sectors
• Available to travel occasionally between the Mont-Saint-Hilaire and Montréal offices
• Available for short-, medium- and long-term travel outside the office
• Excellent knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD
• Asset: Bilingual, English / French
• Asset: Relevant experience in project management, cost estimates, drafting technical reports and troubleshooting
• Asset: Knowledge of SolidWorks, SmartPlant, CADWorx, Trace700 and AFT Fathom