JOB POSTING #883977
University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Breast Imaging Technologist in our Joint Department of Medical Imaging Department.
The Energy of the City. The Rewards of a Great Career.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here
As an integral member of the Joint Department of Medical Imaging team you will perform various Breast Imaging procedures at Princess Margaret Hospital. The department features state-of-the-art digital technology and a team of innovative staff dedicated to patient care and superb image quality, backed by a commitment to continuing education and quality assurance program initiatives. Breast Imaging Division is a Mammography Accredited Centre with the Canadian Association of Radiologists (CAR) and also an Ontario Breast Screening Program (OBSP) site. The Breast Imaging Technologist will report to the Corporate Breast Imaging Charge Technologist at UHN, and adhere to respective institutional policies and procedures.
Performs high quality Breast Imaging procedures using digital equipment in a fast-pace and evolving environment such as; digital quality assurance that meets mammography accreditation’s standard, screening and diagnostic mammography, breast interventional procedure, respectful communication with patients and team members, on-going commitment in continuing education that meets CAR, and Hospital requirement, participate in teaching, and performing duties related to the job classification, as required. Possibility of rotating to other Breast Imaging Corporate site and work overtime as required.
• Current registration with the CMRTO and fulfilling the annual required continuing education as per CMRTO
• Current membership with the CAMRT
• Previous Breast Imaging working experience with successful completion of Mammography 1 and 2 certificates from CAMRT
• Has completed over 15 hours of continuing education in Mammography within the past 3 years and commit to on-going continuing education that meets the CAR and Hospital requirements.
• Completion of a BCLS program within the past 12 months or has current, Level II: Basic Rescuer certification
• Ability to work effectively and communicate respectfully within a supportive team environment
• Demonstrate strong technical skills, multi-tasking, and utilize good judgement to ensure work is always performed in the best interest and the safety of the patient and the team
• Ability to work accurately, safely, and efficiently in a fast paced, high patient volume setting especially how to accommodate unexpected situation while maintaining excellent image quality
• Ability to evaluate your quality of work and use both positive and negative feedback's to self-improve
• Strong written and verbal communications skills including relevant and accurate clinical documentation
• Ability to learn new skills, adapt to process changes, and participate in teaching new staff and student
• Demonstrated satisfactory work performance and attendance history
• Effective computer skills and must be able to review emails on daily basis to maintain Department and Hospital communication
• Demonstrated knowledge/experience in Digital Mammography and Digital equipment quality control
• Previous working experience at an OBSP Facility including experience in performing OBSP digital quality control
• Previous working experience at a CAR Mammography Accredited Facility and a CAR Mammography approved member
• Previous breast ultrasound experience with DMS registration
Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
POSTED DATE: September 16, 2021 CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, persons with disabilities and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.