|Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients.|
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for 40 years, from studies and design to commissioning and operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on building teams with complementary talents and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada's Best Employer recipient from Kincentric and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our talent acquisition specialists.
Job title: Telecom and Industrial Networking Service Lead
Type of position:Regular
Job Description :
Our Telecommunications and Industrial IT Department is growing fast! As a result we have a great opportunity for a business-minded individual to play a key role in developing this growing sector at BBA. As a Telecom and Industrial Networking Service Lead in the BBA Vancouver office, you will contribute to growing the Industrial IT and Telecommunications Department by developing opportunities with new and existing clients. Whether in the Energy sector and its leading-edge technologies, the Industrial or the Mines & Metals sector, our rapid growth leads us to recruit passionate, innovative and entrepreneurial professionals with remarkable team spirit. The responsibilities of this role include performing the following activities to the highest quality:
• Enhance the Industrial IT and Telecommunications Department in Vancouver by developing opportunities with new clients and strengthening existing relationships in Western Canada;
• Develop service offerings with existing BBA clients;
• Work collaboratively with clients, project managers, engineers, designers and drafters in preparing deliverables to BBA and client standards;
• Write and plan project scopes, proposals, estimates, schedules, and budgets.
• Prepare and review deliverables such as studies, reports, functional descriptions, drawings, calculations, specifications, etc;
• Plan, monitor and communicate concurrent and emerging work assignments;
• Share knowledge and experience with others;
• Advocate collaboration and innovation;
• Troubleshoot and solve technical issues;
• Visit client offices and sites.
• Applies the firm’s health and safety policy and takes the necessary preventive or corrective measures to perform the work safely; becomes familiar with the firm’s prevention program; and applies specific job directives.
• Ensures that all direct reports adhere to and apply all health, safety and environment directives.
• Meticulously carries out assigned roles and responsibilities in accordance with established health and safety directives.
Work Schedule :
• Honest and trustworthy in accordance with BBA’s ethics and values;
• Client focused with excellent communication skills and attention to detail;
• Entrepreneurial spirit;
• Business acumen;
• Adaptable to various environments and situations;
• Strong ability to plan and organize self and others;
• Desire to share knowledge and experience with other peers;
• Able to learn on the fly;
• Aptitude for self-development and development of others;
• Able to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
• Demonstrates commitment to health and safety
For this position, we are looking for candidates with the following experience:
• 10+ years of relevant project experience in Telecommunications or Industrial IT;
• Cisco certification (CCNA as a minimum);
• Excellent communication skills with high competency in English (both spoken and written);
• Ability to travel on short notice to customer sites and other BBA offices;
• Practical experience in communication systems analysis, design, configuration, testing, commissioning, troubleshooting, operation and management ;
• Knowledge of various standards for telecommunication transmission;
• Knowledge of IT network management and operation software;
• Experience with common industrial telecommunication networks and equipment such as managed switches, routers, firewalls, and cellular modems;
• Technical skills for programming, implementing, configuring and rolling out solutions;
• Experience with network design and deployment in keeping with best practices in the cybersecurity industry (IEC 62443);
• A valid class 5 BC driver’s licence
• Strong safety awareness;
• ASSET: Knowledge and experience with CCTV and VoIP
• ASSET: Knowledge of Microsoft SCCM
• ASSET: Knowledge of best practices in IT infrastructure design, such as server rooms and telecommunications rooms;
• ASSET: Knowledge of VMware products;
• ASSET: Experience with SQL and relational database languages;
• ASSET: Strong network of industrial contacts.
|BBA is committed to promoting diversity and employment equity. We thank you for your interest in our firm. Please note that only those candidates selected will be contacted.|