Traffic and Grounds Attendants
Mt Seymour Resorts is a winter recreation area located in North Vancouver, we offer a variety of winter recreation activities including skiing, snowboarding and snowshoeing.
We are currently seeking a full time, Traffic & Grounds Attendant to join our Operations team.
Title: Traffic & Grounds Attendant
Department: Mountain Operations
Reports to: Facilities Supervisor & Operations Manager
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Traffic and Grounds Crew Chief, Facilities Supervisor and Operations Manager, the Traffic and Grounds Attendant is responsible for using safe and effective methods in performing their duties, to ensure a high standard of service is provided to Mt Seymour staff and guests alike.
- To uphold Mt Seymour’s mandate to “excite and engage everyone in mountain recreation by providing fun, safe and enriching experiences”
- To uphold and promote Mt Seymour’s Core Values: Safety, Fun, Integrity, Accessibility and Environmental Stewardship.
- Compliance with all Mt Seymour policies and procedures.
- Report and rectify unsafe acts, conditions, or procedures.
- Safe Operation of Mt Seymour vehicles in adverse driving conditions.
- Execution of department responsibilities including:
- The layout and dismantling of traffic and parking lot markers and signage
- The removal of snow from public and staff entrances/exits around buildings, drainage, and rooftops.
- The collection of all outside garbage and transfer station runs when required.
- Providing traffic control for motor vehicle incidents on roadway while assisting emergency agencies.
- Collection of recyclable items and transporting them to proper stations.
- Taking fuel and propane measurements are collected daily and recorded in the “Fuel Levels” binder and communicated to the Base Radio Operator.
- Setting up and maintaining traffic stops and tire checks.
- Ensure all overnight vehicles are reported to Base Radio Operators each morning prior to 10 am.
- Ensure that the parking lot is staffed and maintained on high volume days; i.e. directing cars to empty parking spots and keeping through lanes free flowing.
- Ensure proper, safe, and effective setup, and dismantling and handling of all required equipment.
- Ensuring all shipping and receiving and off hill duties are completed as required.
- Provide guests with Mt Seymour park and resort information
- Other related duties as required.
- Valid BC Class 5 driver’s license or international equivalent with abstract for the past 5 years with experience driving in winter & mountain conditions.
- Traffic Control Person Certificate (Mt Seymour provided if not already obtained).
- Average - good communication skills in English.
- Must be able to physically:
- Carry approximately 30 lbs. of equipment/gear for up to 1 km,
- Shovel heavy snow for up to 8 working hours,
- Sustain physical activity for 8 working hours,
- Stand for 8 working hours,
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience leading teams,
- Experience managing motor vehicle accident scenes,
- Experience driving in mountainous winter conditions,
- Verbal Judo Training
- Strong public relations and guest service skills.
- Ability to stay assertive while maintaining a friendly demeanor.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a high-volume environment with ability to reason and react with quick, thoughtful judgement.
- Able to follow direction and work unsupervised.
- Available to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Have a positive attitude in all weather conditions.
- Ability to be a supportive team member beyond Traffic and Grounds department.
RATE OF PAY:
Based on compatibility with experience, qualifications, and assets.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Seasonal position, December to mid-April.
- Hourly wage.
- Complimentary Season’s pass and shuttle bus pass.
- Range of industry discounts and perks.
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position you are applying for, or complete the online application form.