Open up to the Possibilities!
Working at Purolator International, Inc. is more than a job. It's an opportunity to be part of a winning team and to contribute to the success of our growing company. Purolator International is a subsidiary of Purolator Inc., Canada's largest integrated freight and parcel solutions company with over 50 years of delivering reliable, efficient and cost-effective shipping to, from and within Canada for more than 210 countries and territories worldwide. We are the leading provider of cross-border logistics between the United States and Canada. This is an exciting and evolving industry and we’re leading the change as we strive to deliver the future. Purolator International is rapidly expanding throughout the United States and seeking talented individuals to join our team. Are you open to the possibilities?
SHIFT: Night Shift
Monday – Friday, 5 pm – 11:30 pm, 30 min lunch, 30 hours per week
*Healthcare benefits & 401k plan eligible*
The Part Time Warehouse Support Rep position will be supporting the Warehouse Operation within our Harrisburg PA facility. The main responsibility is handling customer packages in preparation of shipment for customer distribution.
Although the primary role is supporting the warehouse operation to ensure freight is processed accordingly, a problem solving mindset is required. This position will also be responsible for data entry into our ERP system, so good computer skills and some data entry experience is preferred.
Daily functions may consist of one or all of the following:
• Receiving, weighing, measuring, scanning, labeling, and shipping while adhering to all Safety and Security regulations
• Load and unload packages from processing stations / trailers
• Affixing labels to the packages
• Scanning boxes from inbound staging area
• Preparation of Bill of Ladings
• Data enter shipment details
• Cross train in other warehouse positions as needed
• Complete Health & Safety compliance training's as required
• Carry out other duties as appropriate and as assigned by his/her Manager
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must be computer literate and able to process shipments into enterprise system
• Data Entry
• Problem Solving skills and experience
• Flexibility for occasional additional hours during peak season
• Must be able to work in varying temperature conditions during the seasons
• This is a physical, fast-paced position that involves continual lifting, lowering and sliding packages that typically weigh 25-35 lbs and may weigh up to 70 lbs
Education and/ or Work Experience Requirements:
• High School Degree or GED preferred
Working conditions under which the job is performed include, but are not limited to concentrated visual or auditory attention, repetitive movements (i.e. labeling, scanning), standing for extended periods of time, heavy physical effort (i.e. lifting, pushing, pulling), walking, bending, working in various temperature conditions
Posting Number: 42012
Hours of Work: Monday - Friday, 5 pm - 11:30 pm, 30 min lunch, 30 hours per week
Job Code: 865
Location: MDT 3500 Industrial Road
Reports to: District Service Quality Manager
Working Conditions: Warehouse Environment
Purolator International, Inc. provides a competitive benefits package to employees and their families, including:
Purolator International is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other factors considered discriminatory. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Purolator International, Inc. is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
Purolator International depends on our communities for public and business services that are critical to our success. We strive to always give back to the communities we belong to. A key component of the Purolator International’s culture is making valuable and charitable contributions as a company, regionally and as individuals.
We recognize that our employees and their families are key stakeholders. We will only be successful as a business if we provide our employees with a safe and healthy workplace and if we have the right people in the right roles with the support they need to succeed. We hire for attitude and train for skills. To learn more about us and our values, go to www.purolatorinternational.com.